Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:34:33 AM(UTC)

Yes, the brakes must release to allow the machine to spin.
wagnerplp Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:31:13 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the response. But would the brake explain the slow to spin issue?
sidfink43 Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:04:58 PM(UTC)

Well what you have done should have fixed things, but I do think your diagnosis of the brakes as the problem is correct. Go ahead and service them and I think your problem will be solved. But check to make sure nothing is broken in the support structure or the frame first.
wagnerplp Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:20:19 AM(UTC)

My washing machine is making a loud noise at the beginning of the drain/spin cycle and starts out kind of slow. If I let it go, the sound goes away but it doesn't spin the clothes dry. If I open the lid at the beginning of the spin cycle and close it, the sound goes away and the tub spins at the proper speed.

This is a new problem since we replaced the transmission, motor coupling and clutch. We thought the sound at the beginning of the spin cycle might be the water pump, so we replaced that too.

In addition to the above mentioned problem, we are having trouble with the tub locking in place. Before the new parts were put in, the tub stopped just fine, but now it's not stopping at the end of the spin cycle. The motor is off, but the tub will continue to spin until it slows itself down. We aren't having any agitation problems. I'm guessing the brake might need to be replaced.

The motor was replaced about 5 years ago.

This is making us crazy. My husband is an advanced DIYer, but this even has him stumped. After spending a few hundred dollars are parts, we are too far gone to dump the whole thing to get a new one. In for a penny, in for a pound...

Thanks for any help you can provide.