Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:33:12 PM(UTC)

Great, glad you got it working and thanks for the update.
spectre_ Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:16:49 PM(UTC)

Just want to say thanks for the advice. Parts were easy to install . The clip was a little bit of a challenge . Half hour Max . Not bad for first time. Thanks again. :)
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 12:03:28 PM(UTC)

Great, let us know how it turns out. Watch the video if you need help.
spectre_ Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 11:44:30 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the advice. I purchased a thrust bearing kit and a belt from parts pro. I'll find out soon. The lady that helped me was very knowledgeable . Parts arrived in 2 days.
sidfink43 Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:25:09 PM(UTC)

If the water is draining then this means the motor is turning and the belt is driving the pump. So I would try replacing the thrust bearing. If the transmission or brakes were the problem the motor would be destroying the belt.
spectre_ Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 5:24:12 PM(UTC)

Hi ,
I have a Maytag Model # MAV8557AWW . The washer fills, drains, agitator moves, motor runs, belt looks fine. There was a high pitched noise during spin cycle that has stopped now, and the drum was spinning freely for a long time after spin cycle. Now no noise and wont spin. Water still drains just not spinning.The drum will not move by hand. Do you think it is the thrust bearing that is not allowing the drum to spin?
Thanks for any help. Sorry if I double post.