Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:26:42 PM(UTC)

You are welcome.

Simon.
anj277 Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:42:21 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your help! I thought I might need the seal repair kit but wasn't sure.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:29:29 AM(UTC)

Hello.

The problem you have is a common one. You need to replace two kits:
-the tub bearing kit

Part number: 6-2040130
Part number: 6-2040130

-mounting stem repair kit

Part number: 6-2095720
Part number: 6-2095720

Here are the breakdown diagram and 07-Tub parts for Maytag LAT9206BAE - AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon.
anj277 Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:47:53 AM(UTC)

We bought a house last summer and this washer came with it, so I'm not really sure how old it is or anything, and I'm kicking myself for selling the washer I already had.

It's leaking water badly. I popped off the front and tried to get a video of it leaking (it's a bit dark, my flashlight was crapping out)...
Stinkin' Washer. - YouTube

It seems to be leaking from the center of the tub? It starts leaking the moment you start the washer and it starts filling with water. Then it drips all the way down and out and all over the basement floor.

I'm fairly certain my father can fix it but he is working lots of overtime right now so I'd like to try to figure it out and order the part to be ready for him.

Can anyone help me out? Do you know what the problem is and what parts I need to fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
-Ash