Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:12:54 PM(UTC)

I double checked the part number I posted earlier and this is the part number for deep tub transmission. The other part number for this model number is 6-2097790.

Another question I did not ask you earlier (sorry about it) is: had you messed with the drive lug that goes on the bottom of the lower shaft? If it's not in the right place it will prohibit the pulley from coming back down and allowing the brake to re-engage

Gene.
kricca Posted: Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:13:57 PM(UTC)

I was finally able to remove the transmission from the machine and went to install the Trans Dee. It looks like I have the deep tub because the transmission is shorter than the one I removed, do you have a part number for a deep tub transmission for this model? Thank you
Gene Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 2:22:19 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
kricca Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 4:24:11 AM(UTC)

Thank you Gene. I just ordered it
Gene Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:59:52 AM(UTC)

The transmission assembly Part number: 6-2097750
Part number: 6-2097750

Gene.
kricca Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:22:36 AM(UTC)

Thanks Gene

The serial number is 202939 XJ
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:06:14 PM(UTC)

Sounds like the transmission is the culprit. If you need the correct part number, post the serial number of the washer.

Gene.
kricca Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:32:02 PM(UTC)

I have a Maytag washer model LA25CS It fills up with water, when the tub is full instead of agitating the drum spins with the water in it. I put my foot against the transmission and it did not agitate. If I advance the timer the water drains out and the washer spins normal. When the machine is off I can take my hand and turn the agitator and drum with no resistance at all. I checked the belts and they are fine. Not sure if I have a brake or transmission problem.