Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2009 4:49:47 AM(UTC)

Here is the parts breakdown, should help figuring out approximate parts costs.
Replacement parts for MAYTAG A9600 | AppliancePartsPros.com

And here is a service manual which should help giving you and idea of what is involved.
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16000131.pdf
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
TDBFIXIT Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2009 4:07:28 AM(UTC)

Thankyou, Applianceman, I am checking out the website right now. Will let you know how I make out! I think it will be worth it if successful - I got the machine for $10 bucks!
applianceman Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:01:10 PM(UTC)

This repair job is somewhat difficult and requires special tools to do, so it will best to hire a repairman. Unless someone will lend you the tool and you are mechanically inclined. Expect a high repair bill though but you can’t hardly get this washer any more and it was the best ever made. To be honest I would rather spend $300 dollars on that machine then buy a new one. But before you fix it be sure to check the tub for bad rust spots because you don’t want to fix it if the tub is rusting out. For more on do-it-yourself appliance repair visit Appliance Repair Guide For All Major Home Appliances
TDBFIXIT Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2009 8:14:26 AM(UTC)

Unit leaks water during cycle from center bottom of tub where top of trans. enters/connects. Suspect a seal has worn. What is recommended to disassemble (what order) to gain access to and replace? Tub has 3 support brackets with heavy dampering springs all surrounding the trans. (inverse tripod shaped). Any info. would be appreciated. Thankyou, Dave.