Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:38:19 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Next time when it's acting up I need you just to open the lid for 3 sec. and close it back, don't turn the basket.
If the washer will start spinning - you need to replace the timer. This washer is equipped with neutral drain transmission witch allows to drain the water out before spin starts. The timer suppose to pause to engage the transmission spin gear.

If it's not going to spin then most likely it's the clutch.

For the part numbers please provide the complete model number of the washer.

Thank you.

Simon.
splumer Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:56:12 AM(UTC)

I did a similar repair on my Kenmore. The motor coupler is a common part to fail, but it sounds like it could be the clutch. That's what I repaired on mine. It's in a silver drum about the proportions of a petri dish (wider than it is tall) and there are three pads on it that look sort of like brake pads on a car. On mine, one was worn to the nub and another had turned about 30 degrees and was seriously worn. Once I replaced that, it worked fine. It wasn't cheap, though. About $50, if I recall.
troycoy12 Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:19:45 AM(UTC)

I have a whirlpool washer that will agitate but will not spin every time. Sometimes it works perfectly and other times it will drain but it wont spin. I have to open the lid, spin it half a turn by hand and then close the lid for it to finish the cycle.

I thought it might be the motor coupler but they say if that is broken then it wouldnt agitate.

any suggestions?

Troy