Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:10:28 PM(UTC)

Looks like the water inlet valve may need to be changed then to get read of the noise. Not sure what else to suggest.
Reedster Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:06:36 PM(UTC)

Just tried them both. Neither the rinse cycle nor selecting only hot or only cold change the noise. Good suggestions...hadn't thought of trying those!
ApplianceJunk Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:48:03 PM(UTC)

Hi,

Quote:
Could air be somehow trapped in it and if so, how do you bleed the system.

I doubt it.

Quote:
Any thoughts on what could make this noise?

Does the sound change when you select different water temperature cycles?
Does it also make the noise when it's filling with water for the rinse cycle?
Reedster Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:40:53 PM(UTC)

I've been living with this problem for awhile now. When the washing machine fills with water, it produces a screeching sounds that is so irritating. I've checked the screens on both the intakes of the fill valves and on the hoses, all clear. I've turned down the flow of water while it's making the sound, no change. Switched from rubber to SS hoses, no difference. I'm assuming it's the fill valve itself. Could air be somehow trapped in it and if so, how do you bleed the system. Any thoughts on what could make this noise? Thanks.