Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 1:31:57 AM(UTC)

Tilt the washer back, remove the belts, and turn the trany pulley in the spin direction. One way spin, the other way agitate. If hard to spin, you probably have something stuck in the tub, or an item stuck in the top of the tub, just pull top tub cover and check.
JJkind Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:48:34 AM(UTC)

I'm thinking I should replace the motor, but is there any way to test it before I do? I'm wondering if the motor is causing the electricity to "pulse", or if the electricity (or lack thereof) has caused the motor to fail. If I replace the motor but it's not getting the appropriate current, it'll eventually fail too.
JJkind Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2011 7:31:17 PM(UTC)

Occasionally we'll get strong smell of "hot electric" with our washer, accompanied by it stopping in mid-cycle, usually at the beginning of the spin. The timer will then continue until the end. Generally, it doesn't happen unless we do more than one load back to back. Also, some of our house's lights dim when the cycles switch on, and they will "pulse" along with the wash cycle. After it cools down for an hour or so, we can restart it where it left off and it'll finish normally. Any ideas?