Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
pitless Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:11:06 PM(UTC)

I am having the same problem but mine seems to be a bit different. The drain pump does not shut off and continues to run and there is no spin. Videos I have watched says the latch light does not come on if the door latch is defective. My door lock light comes on.

Is there a water level switch which tells the washer the drum is empty and to shut the pump off and spin or would the door latch switch cause this problem?
chasthrpr Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:28:49 PM(UTC)

Hi:

I am having the same problem as the OP.

I'm not a repair person though, but I can get some one else to do it.

Is there any way I can easily test the door to rule it out before assuming that it is the pump?

Thanks,
CT
Jeff / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 4:10:12 AM(UTC)

Great TommyC95! Glad you were able to fix it!! Thanks for doing businees with Appliancepartspros.com !:) :) :)
TommyC95 Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 5:35:19 PM(UTC)

Thanks Jeff. You hit the nail on the head!

I tested and got a little over 2kOhms - decided to replace it anyway.

The new door latch from APP was shipped and delivered as promised.

EASY install and now the washer works like new.

p.s. I also needed to replace a shock absorber. The tip in the instruction bulletin about using a 1/2" deep well socket to depress the locking tab on the mounting pin was worth the price of the part!

Thanks again for such great advice and service.

-Tommy
Jeff / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:09:45 AM(UTC)

Hello Tommyc95. Remove the door lock assembly from the unit and test the resistance of the PTC. If it is open or shorted, you will need to replace the door lock assembly. This will prevent the machine from spinning in the spin cycle. Hope this helps.

Part number: AP4455026
TommyC95 Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 5:47:33 PM(UTC)

Bought in 2005 from Lowes.

The washer will go through the normal cycles, ( fill, agitate, tumble, drain, etc...) but won't do the spin during the "Drain / Spin" portion of the sequence.

I have tried it with a load of clothes and empty - no change.

I also tried it with high and low speed spin settings - no change.

First thought it was the motor controller board, ( Electrolux p/n 134409900)so I replaced that - no luck.

Any ideas on the next step?

(I didn't see an obvious "out of balance" switch on the schematics)

Thanks,
Tommy