Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 2:16:16 AM(UTC)

You need to pull the drum out and clean the back panel with comet cleanser, then replace the felt gasket.
emmagata Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:52:20 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rodney stanley Go to Quoted Post
The rust stains are actually from the felt type washer in the back of the dryer caused be accumulated dust. You need to sufficiently clean off the felt washer first.

I have a Kenmore dryer that's leaving thin rust stains. We thought it was the washer but it wasn't. I discovered that the rust is coming from the felt washer between the rear bulkhead and the drum. It appears the clothes are getting pinched in the gap as they tumble. I looked up the parts but it would be pretty expensive to replace the parts (bulkhead, drum and felt washers). I was thinking about ripping it apart to see if the rust area can be repaired and then just replace the felt washer. I really hate have to replace it as it's only 8 years old (with just a 2 person household).

Any ideas? Thanks.
rodney stanley Posted: Sunday, March 9, 2008 10:03:19 AM(UTC)

The rust stains are actually from the felt type washer in the back of the dryer caused be accumulated dust. You need to sufficiently clean off the felt washer first.
richappy Posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 3:28:29 AM(UTC)

I think you have an anodized steel drum in these, they do not rust. If they are not anodized and rusty, the only solution I know is to remove the rust spots with emory paper at the beginning of rental, daily use will prevent rust buildup.
If anodized, you probably have worn drum front glides, Pn AP3156144.
yvonne Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:15:45 AM(UTC)

We have College rental units and this stackable washer and dryer set are in most of them. We have a problem with several of the dryers leaving rust stains on the clothes. I'm wondering if anyone has a diagnosis for this, or knows why or how this happens. Thanks, Yvonne