Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 11:33:34 AM(UTC)

Since it does not overflow in wash cycle I suspect the timere is the issue.

This is the part, the cycle switch controls speed.

Part number: AP3100187
Part number: AP3100187

To get to it take off the plastic cover pieces on the console and take out the two screws that hold the console to the cabinet. The timer knob will unscrew when it is pressed in.
montani Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:00:23 PM(UTC)

Our Kenmore top load direct drive washer overflows on a rinse cycle. I suspect the water inlet valves are working okay since it hasn't overflowed on a wash cycle, nor if I manually start it on a second rinse cycle. Is it possible for the timer sticking to cause the washer to overflow? Is there not an overflow sensor that should stop this from happening? If I have to change the timer, how do I remove the knob? Also, Kenmore calls the switch a "Cycle Selector". Isn't that really the timer? What would be the correct part number for the Cycle Selector (timer?) switch? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide for me.