Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:23:43 PM(UTC)

Well you're welcome and a Happy Holiday Season to you.
rmatthews Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:02:10 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately this is one of those problems where we can be of little help. There is a leak, but you knew that already. To go any further with help would require us to be there and find the leak, which we would like to to but obviously cannot.

About all I can do is link you to a service manual which will help you in getting into to find it.

http://appliancejunk.com/ge/washer/31-9135.pdf

Thanks Sid for your reply and assistance. The manual you sent is great to have, hopefully will not have to use it anytime soon. I will just watch to see if leaking anymore. I am satisfied the patch made is not leaking. Just thought the door seal leak was something common and an easy fix.

Thanks again,
Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's :)
RMatthews
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 11:34:06 AM(UTC)

Unfortunately this is one of those problems where we can be of little help. There is a leak, but you knew that already. To go any further with help would require us to be there and find the leak, which we would like to to but obviously cannot.

About all I can do is link you to a service manual which will help you in getting into to find it.

http://appliancejunk.com/ge/washer/31-9135.pdf
rmatthews Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 8:19:51 AM(UTC)

OK after reading all the threads concerning the gasket boot issues. The boot on 1 yr old GE front load washer had a small tear in lower front. Instead of replacing the boot I tried some waterproof silocone sealant to withstand 390 degrees I purchased from Lowes. I applied some to the underside of the boot and inside the boot. I let it set for 3-4 days. Wallah it worked,...except there is a dribble of water leaking from the lower portion of the door. The patch repair is dry and not leaking at all.
The lower frame of the washer has a spot of rust that looks like has been there for some time. Any help??