Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
RG62 Posted: Saturday, December 6, 2014 12:13:37 PM(UTC)

I was able to fix and replace the broken bulb by sliding the trim piece straight down which gave me access to the bulb and socket. I then removed the heat shield assembly which allowed me to turn the socket 90 degrees which made it easier to remove the broken base. It took 10 minutes total and cost $8 for the two new light bulbs.
RG62 Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 3:05:46 PM(UTC)

Thanks! I'll give that a try and let you know if it works.
denman Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 12:56:48 AM(UTC)

The blub is out in the control box. I have one ordered from you and having trouble getting the plastic guard off to get at the {blub #4068037 whirlpool}l. Any ideas or tricks to steps in replacing this bulb?

To get the light out, in the center back of the lens cover there is a round piece. You would pull down slightly on this and then pull the cover toward the back. This may take a little force to do. Just grab the back open section and pull straight back.

Took the above from the bulb info FAQ at AppliancePartsPros.
Parts for Whirlpool GC3SHEXNB03 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
RG62 Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 4:38:56 PM(UTC)

One of the small 40 watt light bulbs broke in the socket at the top of the refrigerator and I'm trying to gain access to the socket to get it out. There seems to be a shield of some type in front of the bulbs and I can't figure out how to remove it. Any suggestions?