Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Appliance Ninja Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 10:53:24 AM(UTC)

Whatever works, great job! Zip ties are cheap, so you can replace it if necessary!
DVDA247365 Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 10:47:38 AM(UTC)

Well I did not glue it. I zip tied the black bracket. Not a permanent solution but until the price comes down or I decides bit to fill the van with gas for a couple weeks.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 9:22:02 AM(UTC)

Shoot, well the assembly is available below.

Whirlpool W10206322 Cntrl-Elec - AppliancePartsPros.com
alina1grace Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 9:15:47 AM(UTC)

Yap you are right. I have done so but it didn't worked so. :/
Appliance Ninja Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:05:27 PM(UTC)

I was a bit shocked myself! I have not replaced a control bracket like this before that was not available separately. I hope the glue works for you!
DVDA247365 Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:02:24 PM(UTC)

Half of me is thrilled! Thank you for your help! THe other half is cursing how expensive that part is! LOL
Appliance Ninja Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:10:43 PM(UTC)

That bracket is sold as an assembly and comes with the switches and electronic components. Personally, I would attempt to glue the actual switch body and the spacer together to the bracket. Gluing the pins won't help, but you may be able to glue the actual switch. I was not aware of the change, so I would give that a try. If it doesn't work, you are not out anything as it is broken already. The part you need is available below if it does not work.

Whirlpool W10206322 Cntrl-Elec - AppliancePartsPros.com
DVDA247365 Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:56:46 PM(UTC)

OK so what part is that exactly? Also Should I just buy two and believe this will happen again because it is plastic? Oh and many users(including a 3 year old, hey , at least she drinks water) can make them break faster too I am sure.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:49:25 AM(UTC)

Glue will not hold, that bracket will need to be replaced.
alina1grace Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:31:43 AM(UTC)

Is there any other way to remove it?