Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
beckyandjohn Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:48:10 AM(UTC)

My experience is that the cover plate is held in place by four internal plastic clips; you WILL break at least two, in order to remove the plate...use a clear cement to re-attach.

You may have a second problem: the thermostat probe must be removed from a tube in the freezer...and the probe is cemented in place! Applying pressure to the tube doesn't work, and if you break the tube, goodbye freezer.

Haier tech told me to pull on the tube...didn't work. Asked how to bypass the cement problem and had no more communication from the tech.

A related problem: if you want to replace a worn gasket, you must buy the entire door from Haier...they don't sell just the gasket!
Rick5472 Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 6:05:27 AM(UTC)

I have a Haier chest freezer model BD120G. I found out the green power light was out and I replaced that but my freezer's compressor was running continuously because the "Quick Freeze" switch was on. After replacing the green power light I turned off the quick freeze switch and the unit never came back on. I believe that the thermostat is bad because the unit works in quick freeze mode I guess it bypasses the thermostat.
My problem is how to replace the thermostat. I cannot figure out how to get the plastic mounting plate off without breaking it. I can see the thermostat and internal works from the access panel on the right side. I appreciate any suggestions.