Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Servicer Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 6:00:29 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Jerry.

When I got into work this morning, I was able to look up the wire diagram (attached) and found that the 2-pin harness that's up there is the fill tube heater harness, but with a different connection.

I'm going to go back, cut the connectors and wire nut the harnesses together.

The model number is KBUDT4850A/01

Thanks again..

Kris
Jerry / APP Team Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 5:38:29 AM(UTC)

Hello,
This part Part number: AP5330657
Part number: AP5330657
is actually called for in the units' part list for the previously mentioned model number. Had you listed the model number, I could have looked it up and given you more specific information. If this part were going to be installed, it would have to be spliced into the black (L1) and white (neutral) wires for the icemaker on the cabinet side of the fusible link. I am, of course, assuming that the water pressure to the unit and the water inlet valve have been eliminated as the cause of the complaint.
Servicer Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:07:37 PM(UTC)

Hello,
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I'm working on a friend's Thermador, built by KitchenAid, SxS with a freezing fill tube. I installed part number AP5330657, but have nowhere to install the wires. A later version of this unit had a plug, into which the wires will plug, but the unit I'm working on does not.
So, I have a couple questions. First, is there a plug up top that I'm missing? There is one, but the connector is different and it's not energized. The wire colors are BK-W and W-O. Second, if there is no harness, can I splice into the main L1/N that are leaving out of the power switch, assuming that the heater is always energized.

Thanks,
Kris
Jerry / APP Team Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:34:37 PM(UTC)

The wires are for a fill tube heater. The heater was an add on after manufacture by the manufacturer. Have a great day!
Spb4444 Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:25:03 PM(UTC)

I just want to know if the tube has a heater in it or if the wires are for a sensor of some type before I order it
thanks
Jerry / APP Team Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:07:47 PM(UTC)

Hello. I found the part number for the ice maker fill tube heater [AP5330657]. The original number was [AP3180767] but I'm not sure it is still available. You had come up with the correct part number. I apologize for the inconvenience. Feel free to contact us if we can assist further.
Spb4444 Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:33:34 AM(UTC)

I think the part number is AP5330657
But the model number is KSSC42QTSOO

Originally Posted by: Jerry / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
I must apologize. I've been looking up a generic model number since you model listed wasn't complete. There are about 25 or 30 model numbers that start as your listed number starts. I did find a model with a fill tube heater [AP3040826]. I'm not sure this is exact for your model. If I had your complete number I could get the exact part number. I'm sorry if this an inconvenience.
Jerry / APP Team Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:55:00 AM(UTC)

I must apologize. I've been looking up a generic model number since you model listed wasn't complete. There are about 25 or 30 model numbers that start as your listed number starts. I did find a model with a fill tube heater [AP3040826]. I'm not sure this is exact for your model. If I had your complete number I could get the exact part number. I'm sorry if this an inconvenience.
Spb4444 Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:59:51 AM(UTC)

No I am talking about the white and black wires that are connected to the inlet tube. I acess the inlet tube from the top of the ref.

Originally Posted by: Spb4444 Go to Quoted Post
Jerry,
What are the wires for that connect to teh inlet tube? I have already replaced the valve Thanks
Jerry / APP Team Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:15:06 AM(UTC)

If your talking about the four wire harness,(white, red, tan, and green) it powers the icemaker and water valve. If you could send a picture as an attachment I could better help you.