Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
woodchuckie Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 3:36:47 PM(UTC)

Now that it's been awhile, take a look at your evaporator coils in the freezer and describe the frost pattern coverage. There should be an even frosting over the entire coils unless it has just defrosted. An uneven frosting is a sign if low freon.
justicek9 Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 2:54:06 PM(UTC)

Well I put a thermometer in the freezer, lowest is +10 F, lowest in Fridge is around +42 F, whats the problem? Freon leak? Compressor?
vetteman Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:29:37 AM(UTC)

Wait a while. The evap fan blows cold air into the refrig section slowly. It's not a hurricane. Refrig temps take quite a while to pull down. If you use the back of your hand,(back of hand is more sensitive than palm) feel for some air to be blowing through the vent. Oh ....make sure freezer door is closed when checking for air flow into refrig section
justicek9 Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 9:44:44 AM(UTC)

Well, Evaporator fan is working properly, I'm stumped....
woodchuckie Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 10:50:22 AM(UTC)

Lot's of times you can see a burnt or swollen part on the control if you take it out. I don't know how to test it. I try to eliminate everything else like you said.
justicek9 Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 9:49:32 AM(UTC)

Is there a way to test to make sure this is what it is. I am assuming this is probably it because I have pretty much ruled out everything else.
woodchuckie Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 9:32:16 AM(UTC)

Yes, it's in the freezer behind the back cover with the evaporator coil. Diagram 4 shows the freezer parts. Replacement parts for AMANA ARB2217CW | AppliancePartsPros.com
justicek9 Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 7:28:44 AM(UTC)

Damper appears to be working properly. The fan on the bottom that evaporates the water (accessed by the back panel on the outside) is working properly. Is there another fan inside (accessed by the freezer) that I should be looking for?
woodchuckie Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 7:21:59 AM(UTC)

Is the evaporator fan in the freezer running. It blows cold air into the fridge side through a damper in the wall between the freezer and fridge. Make sure the damper opens and closes when you adjust the fridge temp.
Part 18 on diagram 3 is your damper control assembly.
justicek9 Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:49:26 AM(UTC)

Freezer on the bottom. Freezer works fine. Refrigerator not cooling to less than 40 degrees. Coils are fine, no frost buildup. Replaced Defrost Thermostat last year. Condenser fan is working properly. No food in front of vents in freezer or refrigerator. What's my next step?