Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
WilliamM/APP Team Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2024 1:06:58 PM(UTC)

As the compressor is operating, this would not be an electronic failure (control, thermistor, etc..). Instead, the evaporator coils would need to be inspected for a frost pattern. If there is not a frost pattern, or there is very little, on the evaporator, then the failure would be in the sealed system and it would require an EPA-certified technician to diagnose and repair the appliance.
rleescott Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2024 8:50:40 AM(UTC)

Thank you for that info. I assumed the compressor was not running. I have removed the bottom cover. The fan to the right is running(condenser fan?). The fan inside the fridge is running. The compressor is running, warm to the touch with expected slight vibration no unusual noise. No short cycling. Virtually no dirt on the condenser coils. No oil residue on the lines as best I can tell. If the inverter was bad, just like a bad start relay the compressor wouldn't run, correct? Can a bad control board do this?
WilliamM/APP Team Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2024 10:48:28 AM(UTC)

Rleescott, the model provided does not utilize a traditional start relay. It is correct that there is a temperature overload on the compressor that should have continuity. However, if the evaporator and condenser fans are operating, and the compressor is not receiving voltage, the main control would be the cause of failure.
rleescott Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2024 4:52:09 AM(UTC)

795.74049411. Is there a start relay for this compressor. A thermistor is listed, but this isn't a start relay, but a temp related resistor, right? Maybe the control board has a start relay function?