Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Kristophur Posted: Friday, April 19, 2024 5:25:14 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rodcoelho Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Inspect the lower door hinge with the door closer and the door gasket.

Gene.

To Gene: Thanks for your help. I was able to track down the source of my problem. It was the lower hinge that was the culprit. It was loose. There was a small hex screw that prevents the plastic hinge support from moving. When it moves it makes this loud popping noise. I tightened it the best I could and the popping noise went away. Thank You, Rod Coelho

Thank you for your posting. I've just been able to fix my 2023 model Frigidaire that had the same popping sound (door wasn't aligned, lose hinge).
Guest Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2021 12:37:19 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
whirlpool model WRF757SDHZ02 also has a loud popping noise when closing. The fridge is less than 1 year old and we've had technicians out three times to look at it. It's obviously the closing cam but the cam has been replaced twice now and has not corrected the issue. You can see the door hang on the hinge until almost closed and then drop, causing the popping noise. Oddly enough it sometimes also does this while opening. Could leveling cause this issue?

Same issue here on the same fridge, must be widespread. I can't find anything wrong with the hinge. Seems like if I only open the door to 90 degrees it's not as bad.

Thinking a rubber washer could possible fix it
Guest Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 6:40:38 AM(UTC)

whirlpool model WRF757SDHZ02 also has a loud popping noise when closing. The fridge is less than 1 year old and we've had technicians out three times to look at it. It's obviously the closing cam but the cam has been replaced twice now and has not corrected the issue. You can see the door hang on the hinge until almost closed and then drop, causing the popping noise. Oddly enough it sometimes also does this while opening. Could leveling cause this issue?
Guest Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021 12:07:42 PM(UTC)

I was about 3 seconds away from throwing my brand new refrigerator out the back door until I read this post. Tightened the tiny Hex bolt and it works perfectly!! Thanks all for the insight.
TxTom Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:11:20 PM(UTC)

I tightened it but it only lessened the sound for a couple days. Now it's back in full force. Is there a part I should replace? Possible I didn't tighten enough but I doubt it. I have gs6nbexrb01

Thanks!
ecnalp Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 9:20:39 AM(UTC)

I just did our Whirlpool SxS and it worked. Open the door fully and you will see a little hex head bolt (5/16 worked for me). It allows the bottom part of the cam ramp to move slightly causing the pop. Tighten and no pop.
osgoodspud Posted: Saturday, November 8, 2014 7:04:00 PM(UTC)

I tried this repair, but found that the hex bolt was not accessible because of the door. I found that the door is held on by three screws. I removed a plate cover from the top of the door which revealed the three screws. I removed them and then pulled the door off the swivel hinge. (I did it with food still in the door and would recommend removing the food first.)

setting the door aside, I tightened the hex bolt. I retraced my steps and put the door back up. I opened and closed a couple of times and found that the repair was successful.

Good Luck!
TinaJenkins2013 Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:51:19 PM(UTC)

Thank you so much for the info. I only wish I had looked it up sooner. That popping noise has driven me nuts since shortly after I bought the fridge 4 yrs. ago!
Sgt Rock Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:59:14 AM(UTC)

Gald the "fix" worked for you as well!! :)
Happy New Year and may it be your best!!
Sgt Rock
KingJamesthe1rst Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 9:11:36 PM(UTC)

Hey thanks alot you guys. I removed the upper 8mm bolts holding the door on. Removed it and used an 8mm driver to tighten the screw located within the lower plastic housing or cam . It was loose and not holding form enough to handle the pressure of the weight when the door opened. Creating a loud popping noise. Now its so quiet. I coudn't thank you enough. This has bugged me for a year..So simple with advice from a Knowlegeable source.