Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Tom in Canada Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2024 11:51:38 AM(UTC)

We have a Kitchenaid KSRA25ILSS01 from 2002 - looks just like the model in
Recently it stopped running. The evaporator fan and lights run, and control panel is working, but compressor and condenser fan are off. Found the start delay was bad so replaced it but no help. Compressor windings read correct resistance. Disconnected condensor fan to read voltage - on startup it's around 14V AC then drops to 4V AC and stays there.

Is it possible the thermistor might be bad and that could be preventing the control panel from starting the compressor? I'm just a homeowner trying to educate myself - hope someone can advise if this is an appropriate next step before I start taking more things apart :) If it *is* the thermistor, could I just short the connector terminals to test if the control panel will think it's getting a hot reading and see if that starts the compressor?

Thank you for any/all help!