Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Macourt Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 5:00:34 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the tip. I haven’t tested with Ohm meter. I’ll test that and update with what I find out.
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 10:26:29 AM(UTC)

I think it's most likely the water valve, but that is a strange water valve. If the coils are 120 volts, you could use a cheat cord to power them for a quick test. Did you check them for resistance with an ohm meter? This video shows how to do that.

This explains cheat cords and coil testing best.
Macourt Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:56:22 AM(UTC)

I have a Kitchenaid under counter ice maker (model KUIC15NRXS1) that is 7 years old. Recently it quick making ice so I went into troubleshooting mode. I used the great guide from Edmonds (https://edmondappliancerepairokc.com/kitchenaid-whirlpool-under-counter-icemaker-troubleshooting/) to put the run diagnostics on it. The main problem seemed to be that it would not fill the reservoir with water when I turned it on. It appeared that the water fill sensor was bad so I order a new sensor and a recirculating pump and installed it. This did not fix the problem. When I did the diagnostics from the Edmonds link above, the valve wouldn’t open to fill the reservoir so I checked for power at the connections with a multimeter for the sensor and pump. No power at the recirculating pump connection so I thought the control board was bad. So I ordered and installed a new control board which did not fix the problem. The valve will not open to fill the reservoir. What I need help with is how to test the valve to see if the valve is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.