Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:13:57 AM(UTC)

Remove the freezer back panel and describe the frost pattern, should be total, light frost. If only partial frost, the system has a refrigerant leak.
lakeober Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:43:21 PM(UTC)

Hello,

I recently purchased a lightly used GE Profile Arctica side-by-side refrigerator for my apartment. The model number on the unit is: PSC23NGMB WW. I plugged it in after I brought it into my apartment, and it started cooling down and everything seemed to be working well. However, now that I have had it plugged in for a few days, I am noticing an issue with it.

The freezer is set at 0 degrees, and the fridge is set at 37 degrees. After a few days, the temps are fluctuating a good bit... the freezer is always between 18 and 25 degrees F, and the fridge is always between 37 and 47 degrees F.

I have read a few posts about similar issues with this unit, but I am not really sure where I should start in attempts to fix the issue. So, I would GREATLY appreciate any help in guiding me to discover what the problem is that is causing the freezer and fridge to not stay as cold as I would like them to. I have items like ice cream in the freezer, and it is just melting, so I am not even able to really use it much.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what I can try. I am a frequent DIY'er, so I am pretty good at working on stuff. Thanks!