Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rd27 Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:32:13 AM(UTC)

FYI, Replacing the ribbon cable fixed this problem. So if the ribbon cable is bad it does keep the entire dispenser panel from working.

d
rd27 Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:55:05 AM(UTC)

I just replaced the water actuator (241685703) on my friend's Kenmore refrigerator (25357109600). I was able to replace it fine, but now the entire dispenser panel is not working. The panel lights do not light up. And when I hit the ice or water actuators nothing happens (no lights and no water or ice).

I have verified the power board is receiving power. I get 120V AC on the solder points on the back on the left side between 120AC and Ground where the main wiring harness connects . I also get 10V DC on the right side between ground and V where the cable ribbon goes to the panel board (board with the buttons).

I have also verified the connectors are well seated.

I did disconnect the ribbon cable from the panel board and then disconnect it when I was done. So I am wondering if I somehow kinked it.

The fridge is working normally otherwise. Light in freezer turns on when the door is opened.

Any thoughts? Thanks,

dave