Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
DIM62 Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:27:58 PM(UTC)

*Bump*

I've seen a lot of good answers to ice dispenser questions, so I'm hoping someone can still help out here. Something I noticed: The longer I wait between trying to run the auger motor, the stronger the motor starts up (though it still winds down within a second or two). Is it possible there's a bad capacitor? Would that fit the symptoms? And how would I trace this?

Thanks.
DIM62 Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:44:42 AM(UTC)

My tale of woe ...

My ice dispenser stopped working. There are no blockages, the switches seem to work, and I'm getting 115AC at the connection to the auger motor. I decided to replace the motor. When the delivery guy arrived, I ran to the door and barked, and my dog went out and got the package. Or the other way around. Unfortunately, the new motor didn't work.

I originally thought nothing at all was happening when I hit the switch, but it turns out that both motors actually try to start, but quickly wind down as if they were running off a nearly-dead battery. The new one has a bit more oomph, but even it runs only for a couple seconds before dying. (It's possible the old one literally did nothing when it was cold, but seems to at least try when I plug it in warm.) The motor is not connected to the shaft, so it's nothing to do with the dispensing mechanism itself.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? As mentioned, I get 115AC on the brown-white/red-white pair at the motor connection. I tried to follow some service guide info on checking DC voltage there, but had no luck with that (whether due to my incompetence or something else -- I seem to have a slightly different configuration from the diagram in the manual).

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Tim