Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
anne grimm Posted: Monday, January 7, 2013 6:41:37 AM(UTC)

oops not the same model. will post a new question. Don't know how to delete this
richappy Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 12:21:26 AM(UTC)

Very easy to fix the relay solder joints as the area is rather open.
n4moe Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:14:13 PM(UTC)

My hat is off to you richappy...one of the leads from a relay on the board had a bad solder joint that had been arcing and it finally opened the circuit. I've repaired the board (inspected it for other bad solders joints!) and it is running perfectly now. Thank you!

Thanks too for mrkool's advice. I appreciate you both for taking time to read my post and reply.
n4moe Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:38:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Klixons are very reliable. I would suspect bad solder joints on the back of the motherboard WR55X10942

I'll inspect that at well but the unit os 10 yrs old. Wouldn't a bad solder joint on the PCB have revealed itself already? Thanks!
richappy Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:51:15 AM(UTC)

Klixons are very reliable. I would suspect bad solder joints on the back of the motherboard WR55X10942
n4moe Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:35:46 PM(UTC)

That's very helpful. I'll try it tomorrow and will let you know. Thank you!
mrkool Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:51:26 PM(UTC)

Ok, if you look at the compressor, where the wires go into the compressor,
pop off the plastic cover, behind it you'll find a round plastic Klixon overload.

Here's an image, if I pasted it right, if not, just do a google search for Klixon and you'll see one and probably how to test it.

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCt0Kspjw-a3-U_2b7eFbUmIuO4ZVNmwOL491cAggnWcYp4ngp[/IMG]
n4moe Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:51:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mrkool Go to Quoted Post
hey n4moe,

Did you try pulling the Klixon off the compressor and seeing if it's broken or not making contact?

I'm not familiar with the Klixon but I'll be happy to try it if you can help tell me what to look for please.
mrkool Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:30:45 PM(UTC)

hey n4moe,

Did you try pulling the Klixon off the compressor and seeing if it's broken or not making contact?
n4moe Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:44:40 AM(UTC)

My GE Select Refrigerator with top freezer has stopped both cooling and freezing. When I plug the power cord in I hear a click from the motherboard but the only thing that starts running is the fan. The compressor is not kicking in at all. I left it unplugged overnight and then plugged it in again the next morning but no change. Any advice please?

Thanks,
Scott