Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:31:06 AM(UTC)

Hi.

What is the original problem?

Simon.
heff Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:10:51 AM(UTC)

Is there a chance that the shield has fused to the piece behind it somehow? No matter how I shift it it won't come out. three corners move but the bottom right won't budge (as if I hadn't removed that screw - which I did).

This is extremely frustrating. I would just take a screwdriver and pry it off, breaking the bond, but I am afraid that I will break something that isn't easilly/cheaply replaceable as the shield is.
heff Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:35:36 PM(UTC)

Hello,
I am having a problem accessing the ice/water solenoid in my Ge fridge model - GSL25JFTC BS. I removed the control panel, disconnected the electrical connectors and took out the four screws on the dispenser housing shield (part number: WR17X12152) but the shield wont come off. Everywhere I look online, I read that this shield should come out easily once the 4 screws have been removed. It feels as if there is another screw holding the bottom right of the shield in place (back by the light bulb socket) any suggestions?
Thanks!
Heff

This is the instructions I followed but the shield doesn't slide out easily as described: ice maker - crushed ice only - no cubes