Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:36:26 PM(UTC)

Hi.

The GE switched from single to double heater.
This is the correct part.

Thank you.

Simon.
Markzub Posted: Monday, July 9, 2012 6:07:15 PM(UTC)

Simon,

The picture you provided of the replacement part (defrost heater) does not match my existing part. I only have a single element heater. Is an exact replacement part still available? Also, is there a reason that my old heater went bad? A repairman replaced it with another heater and that one burned out too. I want to be sure that there are no other issues that may be overloading the element? Thanks for all your help!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:12:33 PM(UTC)

Hi.

The defrost timer is most likely good - because it shutting down the compressor.

Here the parts you need to replace (defrost heaters and thermostat).

Part number: WR51X443
Part number: WR51X443

Don't forget to unplug the fridge.

Use this breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric TFX25JPCCWW Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
Markzub Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 3:39:02 PM(UTC)

When I rotate the defrost timer, the compressor shuts off, but the defrost element in the freezer does not get red (or even warm). Can you help me determine if it is a bad timer, element, or something else?

Thanks!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:35:20 PM(UTC)

Hi.

You should be able to pull the knobs off. Try to pry them off with flat screw driver. Be careful not to break the shafts off.

Thank you.

Simon.
Markzub Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:32:24 PM(UTC)

How do I remove the sliding temp control knobs on this model to access the defrost timer? All the schematics on this model show dial knobs that just pull off, but mine has sliders. Any help would be greatly appreciated!