Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:34:40 PM(UTC)

You are welcome Fred. Thank you for the good words. I'm sorry for such bad news. Unfortunately nothing last forever.:)

Gene.
wftw4haiti Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:01:29 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Fred,

I don't think there is something wrong with the defrost system. Most likely there is a problem with the sealed system. It can be low on Freon. This is not a DIY job. You have to call a pro the diagnose it. The repair can be very costly.

Gene.

T H A N K S GENE: Living ghere in the mountains of Haiti thoses were not the words I was looking for.:( ;) I will take your advice and order a new frig from the States. At $1.75@ lb transportation and customs (undetermined)
I was looking for an inexpensive part to fix me frig. THANKS for being there. You guys have saved me many times from doing something foolish. Have a great day. :) :) :) FRED
Gene Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:38:36 PM(UTC)

Hi Fred,

I don't think there is something wrong with the defrost system. Most likely there is a problem with the sealed system. It can be low on Freon. This is not a DIY job. You have to call a pro the diagnose it. The repair can be very costly.

Gene.
wftw4haiti Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:10:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
How are the evaporator coils covered with frost?

How hot on touch is the compressor?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire FRT21C5AW5 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Good Morning Gene:
The compressor is on a scale of 1-10 probably a 7 or 8 as far as being hot to touch, There is ice build up on the left side of the cils. I replaced the defrost control switch approx 6 months ago. I still hear it turn on and off. I uplugged it yesterday when I found the ice buildup for maybe 30 minutes until it all melted. put it back together and it still doesnt freeze and the frig itslf is still clamy insted of cool. FRED
Gene Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:24:55 PM(UTC)

How are the evaporator coils covered with frost?

How hot on touch is the compressor?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire FRT21C5AW5 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
wftw4haiti Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:40:20 AM(UTC)

the Refrigerator stopped freezing yesterday and the refrigerator is cooling very little or not at all. I have checked the defrost control and unplugged it for 15 minutes pluggwed it back up. all the fans are running and when I place my hand on the compressor it feels as though its pumping but there is a rattling sound in the back of thye freezer right side. Any suggestions??

T H A N K S !!!! Fred