Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:08:03 PM(UTC)

Your welcome, glad I could help.
servicedevice Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:05:15 PM(UTC)

Ah, thanks so much...sorry to throw you such a softball!
ApplianceJunk Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:52:42 PM(UTC)

Hi,

Quote:
Except it's not a normal screw, it has a bolt-like nut for a head (part AP3133440, 2nd pic shows what I mean better) and it's recessed several inches deep inside a hole not much bigger than the screw head itself. So my question is mainly, what tool do I need to get that thing out of there?

A 1/4" or 5/16" nut drive

Quote:
But if there is anything tricky I need to know about replacing the cold control once I do get it off (apart from making sure that wire thing is positioned just like it was on the one I am replacing), I would appreciate knowing that as well. Thanks so much...

Just unplug the refrigerator first. ;)
servicedevice Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:43:00 PM(UTC)

Hi--
I need to replace the cold control (AP3084361) on my Roper. I do know from long, dragged-out past experience that that is what the problem is. But last time a repairman did it, and I of course would rather do it myself this time. I have the part, and I see from the diagram that I need to take off the box housing the unit by unscrewing it from the roof of the fridge (at least I think that's all I have to do to get at it). Just unscrew and have at it, right? Except it's not a normal screw, it has a bolt-like nut for a head (part AP3133440, 2nd pic shows what I mean better) and it's recessed several inches deep inside a hole not much bigger than the screw head itself. So my question is mainly, what tool do I need to get that thing out of there? But if there is anything tricky I need to know about replacing the cold control once I do get it off (apart from making sure that wire thing is positioned just like it was on the one I am replacing), I would appreciate knowing that as well. Thanks so much...
Andy