Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
-Ronin- Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:33:43 AM(UTC)

I've had the part in the refridgerator for almost 2 weeks and there has been no sign of frost building up in the back wall of the freezer so it looks like the new adaptive frost board worked. Thanks again for your help.
Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Yes, order that part.
-Ronin- Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:52:38 PM(UTC)

Ok just ordered it. Hopefully it will work.
richappy Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:16:16 PM(UTC)

Yes, order that part.
-Ronin- Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:08:53 PM(UTC)

All the evidence verifies the wiring is ok, only thing left is the adaptive defrost board.

Ok...here is what I am about to order for the part:

[/URL][URL]http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-cntrl-elec-item-number-ap3853127.aspx

Is this the correct adaptive defrost board for my refrigerator? Its a Whirlpool model ET8MTKXKQ00
-Ronin- Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:58:07 AM(UTC)

All the evidence verifies the wiring is ok, only thing left is the adaptive defrost board.

Ok I'll give it a shot. Hopefully this will do the trick :confused:
richappy Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:20:23 PM(UTC)

-Ronin- Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:02:54 AM(UTC)

I would replace the adaptive defrost board I mentioned before.

Ok I can try that, however if I replace the board and still have the same issue, does this mean that I'm basically out of luck and will have to buy a new refridgerator?

I've replaced the defrost thermostat and now i'll be replacing the adaptive defrost board...could it be something else causing the problem?
richappy Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 12:21:07 PM(UTC)

I would replace the adaptive defrost board I mentioned before.
-Ronin- Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 5:52:38 AM(UTC)

Yes before you initiate the defrost test, remove the back freezer panel and check for defrost heat. If the heater fails to come on in a cold freezer, you have a bad defrost heater.

Well I know for a fact that the heater comes on when I unplug the refrigerator, wait like 20 seconds and then plug it back in. After a week or so when the frost builds up i have to remove the panel anyways to ensure that the frost behind the panel is melted.

I did a forced defrost a few days ago and saw the heater get hot and turn red, eventually melting the frost that was built up, so i dont think the heater is bad.

The last time I tried a defrost test was with the old defrost thermostat and only 1 of the 2 methods worked. Any idea what this might mean?
richappy Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 1:19:51 AM(UTC)

Yes before you initiate the defrost test, remove the back freezer panel and check for defrost heat. If the heater fails to come on in a cold freezer, you have a bad defrost heater.