Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ajME Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:39:09 AM(UTC)

yes i need to know whats code sd or 5d means
abadfish66 Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:43:26 AM(UTC)

sritter---Do you have an icemaker hooked up and working?
magician59 Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:31:17 AM(UTC)

It sounds like it.
ajME Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:26:04 AM(UTC)

I have a side by side it making a clicking noise from the main board and compressor not running can it be the relay
magician59 Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 8:32:50 AM(UTC)

This kind of vibration noise is sometimes difficult to diagnose. A lot of times it is harmless; related to the close proximity of the refrigerant lines and the drip tray. Sometimes placing a dampening material "just so" will silence the noise. It can also be caused by the vibration of the condenser fan bracket, especially if you have some screws missing. Check any place where you see a component attached to the chassis of the machine. Also, make sure the machine is level on the floor.
sritter Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:14:41 PM(UTC)

I have a Maytag wide-by-side Refrigerator that is just over 4 years old.

Every 4 or 5 minutes, it makes a buzzing/humming noise for about 15 seconds, and then goes quiet again. Some days it is barely noticeable, but it has become routine lately. The refrigerator and freezer seem to be cooling fine. Just very noisy every 4-5 minuites for 15 seconds or so.

The noise is coming from the back of the unit, on the lower right side as you face the back (the side where the ice maker fill line and power cord enter - behind the freezer side).

What do you think the problem is, and approximate repair cost?

Thanks for any help you can provide.