Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 12:08:19 AM(UTC)

You have a hard starting compressor, if you have an amprobe, you would probably see it draws excessive current while trying to start. Your old start device is probably ok.
You could try a AP206490 ptcr and a klixon AP206490, as mentioned in my article "replacing compressor start devices", but the compressor may still not reliably start and you will need a meter to install.
DouglasGil Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:21:56 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
They look identical on this site, just call them to get the right one.
I came home for lunch and turned the fridge on compressor comes on with the old start relay. It will run for 4 hrs. freezer side and fridge side getting good and cold, when it shut off and then trys to restart is when it has its problem and wont start!:confused:
richappy Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:12:05 AM(UTC)

They look identical on this site, just call them to get the right one.
DouglasGil Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:32:27 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Your new start device looks identical to the old one, just plug in the fridg connectors as they where originally and plug in the run capacitor.

My old relay looks different to the new one they sent me the wrong relay! I need relay #4357156.:mad:
richappy Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:40:11 AM(UTC)

Your new start device looks identical to the old one, just plug in the fridg connectors as they where originally and plug in the run capacitor.
DouglasGil Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:15:42 PM(UTC)

I have a Kenmore fridge, I ordered a new start -dev #2319793 and they said this superseeds my old start relay. I need help on how to rewire this to make it work please help!:confused: