Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:39:20 AM(UTC)

If a calrod, (metal) heater it's easy to do, glass heater harder. I just wrap one turn, usually sufficient.
tschlodder Posted: Friday, January 7, 2011 10:00:05 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
I would wrap a 12 gauge copper wire around the defrost heater and shove a 2 inch section down the drain. Also, check the freezer temperature, may be too low.

How much copper wire do I wrap around the defrost heater two or three wraps???
thanks!
richappy Posted: Friday, January 7, 2011 1:14:26 AM(UTC)

I would wrap a 12 gauge copper wire around the defrost heater and shove a 2 inch section down the drain. Also, check the freezer temperature, may be too low.
tschlodder Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:11:53 PM(UTC)

I have a refridgerator that the drain hole was plugged with Ice 6 months ago and got it opened up got all the ice melted and it ran to the drain fine. I leveled the refridgerator and made sure if water hit the metal tray going into the drain that it would drain the water to the tray at the bottom of the fridge. Put everything back together and it has worked fine. Now it is plugged up again. What can i do to keep the water from freezing up in the drain hole?