Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:40:24 AM(UTC)

Quote:
...In trouble shooting I think I narrowed it to capacitor or relay...

Can you describe step by step your troubleshooting process?

Gene.
mjcoxwel Posted: Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:21:06 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
I'm afraid you did not get it clear.

My question is: what exactly the refrigerator was doing when it stopped to cool properly, before you started your troubleshooting? Noises, lights, etc.

Gene.

was working fine - then no cooling in fridge or freezer- lights on- nothing running
Gene Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:30:28 PM(UTC)

I'm afraid you did not get it clear.

My question is: what exactly the refrigerator was doing when it stopped to cool properly, before you started your troubleshooting? Noises, lights, etc.

Gene.
mjcoxwel Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:13:54 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Can you describe it more detailed?

Gene.

relay is just a rectangular black box 2" x 3/4" and capacitor connects to it with a wire clip holding it to relay with a 2" icicle shape tube coming off of capacitor and clipped into relay. When I pulled off relay it broke the plastic icicle shape extension that connects to the capacitor. It is an amana model # arb2117bw. Thanks for any info.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 1:17:52 PM(UTC)

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Quote:
...my refridge just stopped getting cold both fridge and freezer at same time...

Can you describe it more detailed?

Gene.
mjcoxwel Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:36:51 AM(UTC)

first of all my refridge just stopped getting cold both fridge and freezer at same time. In trouble shooting I think I narrowed it to capacitor or relay. Took off the relay and broke off a thin tube that came off of capacitor. Is that tube important. AND my relay has no coil showing and I am not sure that I can test it with my meter? Any help is appreciated. By the way I may have capacitor/relay confused in my explanation.:confused: