Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dmeredith@rocketmail.com Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:40:48 PM(UTC)

As an update, the new controller board fixed my fan problem. Readings at the fan motor harness with the new board were 119V and 3.3 Ma. Thanks for all your help.

David
dmeredith@rocketmail.com Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 12:47:54 PM(UTC)

Thanks guys. Not sure about the lose wire, as I get a constant 110V when I connect the multimeter to the fan motor harness (motor NOT connected).

I ordered a new controllerboard, hopefully that will correct the problem, I will keep you posted. Thanks again for your help!

David
denman Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 1:45:55 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts, includes the wiring layout.
Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JCD2290HES Ref - SXS/I&W | AppliancePartsPros.com

Problem may also be on the control board.
Check your voltages there.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
richappy Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 12:48:10 AM(UTC)

All your intermittent voltage measurements point to a loose wire somewhere.
dmeredith@rocketmail.com Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:15:46 PM(UTC)

No was measuring voltage and Amps directly from the connection harness in the fridge. With motor attached I can't get a stable voltage reading, it's very low...
richappy Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:46:53 PM(UTC)

Are you checking the motor voltage with the motor plugged in?
dmeredith@rocketmail.com Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:24:05 AM(UTC)

JUst checked the amps. Reading is 0.04 Ma to 0.38, goes up and down. Motor is rated for 0.14 A according to the motor housing (60 hz). Does this help?
dmeredith@rocketmail.com Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:01:24 AM(UTC)

I jury rigged the fan connection to make sure I was getting 109V from the fridge, as measured on the multimeter, and connected to the electric motor. It does not work. The motor works when plugged directly into the wall at 120V. I also ordered a new motor, which doesn't work either when plugged into the fridge. Can anyone confirm definitively that a 120V motor will not work at lesser voltage?

If this is the issue, what is my next step?

Thanks again...!

David
denman Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2010 12:36:32 PM(UTC)

If it is a true 110 volts it should run the motor.

What I meant by a bad connection in the motor is that when you removed it from the unit you may have moved a connector/wire in such a way that it re-connected. Could even be that the motor runs when warm and not when cold. I would retry it in the fridge just to be sure.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dmeredith@rocketmail.com Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2010 12:05:55 PM(UTC)

Thanks, but I checked the motor by plugging directly into an outlet, it works fine. Is my issue too little voltage at 109V? If so, what is the likely culprit?

Thanks

David