Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
teri1234 Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:52:01 PM(UTC)

Oh, I just got your message. Thanks.--T
teri1234 Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:51:18 PM(UTC)

Hi, again---I just got an email notification that you had replied today (July 19) but I can't find anything. Can you resend your reply? Thanks much!
richappy Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 4:36:19 PM(UTC)

Yes, it should be visible, but in your case, it obviously is lost.
teri1234 Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 10:33:20 AM(UTC)

Hi, Richappy
Thanks for your reply. Where would I see this coil? Should it be visible?
Best, Teri
richappy Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 6:24:33 AM(UTC)

There is allways a coil spring that closes that door, just look for it or order a new one.
teri1234 Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 4:09:19 PM(UTC)

The hinge at the bottom of my freezer evap door snapped off. I ordered (and received today) a new hinge from your company. I screwed the hinge in exactly the same place as the old one. (my order number is 1245031)

Problem:
For some reason, there is no "resistance" and the door does not snap shut. I have to manually close it and put a piece of duck tape to keep it closed.

To all appearances, everything duplicates the exact placement of the last hinge. Even the "angle" of the hinge on the bottom of the door is identical to the way the original hinge was angled.

Is there some other reason the resistance is gone? For example, is there something that runs inside (internally) through the side of the freezer evap door---- from the bottom hinge (that broke) connecting through to the top where there is a hole (into which a plastic 1/2 inch projection from the top of the freezer inserts?)

Thanks for any help you can give me on how to get the snap back!