Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 5:03:12 AM(UTC)

If the factory replacement start device did not start the compressor, the compressor is bad. You can call in a pro to verify.
lovemyoldfridge Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 3:24:15 AM(UTC)

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I need some more details on that. Could you be more specific and describe step by step what needs to be done and if possible in right order. Thank you.
richappy Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 1:35:44 AM(UTC)

Only way to verify bad compressor is to monitor the current with an amprobe.
In your case, it seems like your compressor start winding is bad as it draws excessive current.
You can try a 3n1 hard start device on it, but no guarante it will work.
lovemyoldfridge Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:40:52 PM(UTC)

Got a new part, replaced. Still have same issue. How to check if this is not a compressor. Last hope for capacitor failure.
richappy Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 1:54:41 AM(UTC)

Remove the back panel and pry off the cover on the side of the compressor. Remove the start device, a small black box. Very rare but it might be bad. I would replace it with a relay PTCR WR07X10055 Just ferify it looks the same as your old one. If you have a mechanical start device with a copper coil, it's probably ok and your compressor has developed a short if the lights dim when it tries to start.
lovemyoldfridge Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 1:42:12 PM(UTC)

Hi All.

Today my fridge woke me up at 6 in the morning bipping with FF message on diagnosting panell. When I opened the door and check, I found out both fridge and freezer are not cooling. All food defrosted. This is my old GE model TFX24FLB. It was working like a horse for about 20 years and I never had any problems with it. Right now once it's broken I can hear something like a fan running from a freezer and sometimes like a clicking noise once. Sound like relay is clicking trying to start compressor. You can hear like a power noise, I can see fan is starting for second and then stops. It repeats in about 2 min. I don't have any experience fixing fridge, but would like to fix my old horse myself. Can anybody help, trying to identify what exactly got broken compressor, capacitor, starting relay or else? Where to get parts, schematic, service manual from? Any help appreciated.

Thank you.