Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
From
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bbenton8 Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 1:56:41 PM(UTC)

same thing happening here. a few days ago both the freezer & fridge were warm. I vacuumed out the coil underneath the fridge and the fan in the back which I had not done in way too long. The freezer cooled down to about 5-7 degrees pretty fast and is making ice, but the fridge has been staying around 57 with the control at 7, max cold. I have put everything from the freezer in our chest freezer for now. The back of the freezer compartment has frost on it (photo attached). So does this give enough info for a diagnosis of a freezer coil problem/defrost, or a connection to the fridge, or something else? :confused:
Thanks!
denman Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:55:19 AM(UTC)

acollier

Please start your own thread using "Post New Topic" at the start of this forum section. Your odds of getting some help will be greatly improved.

Adding a different make and model to a thread will just confuse things and this thread already looks fairly confusing.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
acollier Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:46:40 PM(UTC)

My fridge just started getting warm this morning out of the blue. I turn my cold dial for the fridge all the way down.. the fan makes a weird noise then shuts off. It does the same thing when I turn the dial back up. The freezer started getting cold again after I cleaned the coils underneath, but the fridge is still hot. I need help! I have 4 kids and a lot of milk to keep cool! It's a frigidaire and the model number is GLRS237ZCWO.
denman Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:03:03 AM(UTC)

rek58

Please start your own thread using "Post New Topic" at the start of this forum section. Your odds of getting some help will be greatly improved.

Adding a different model to a thread will just confuse things and this thread already looks fairly confusing.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rek58 Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:03:15 PM(UTC)

Kenmore(Whirlpool-I believe) Model #596.73503201. Lost power for 5-6 hours and when it came back on, the freezer was fine, fridge not cooling. Evap fan not working, got a new fan today, installed it, now nothing is cooling. I had moved everything out of the unit and shut it off. Wondering if it might be stuck in defrost mode, I have the cafe door style fridge and the door seal in between the two doors is warm. Any suggestions?
mikehoblit Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 12:25:40 PM(UTC)

i thought that my drain tube was clogged so i made sure it was clear did not help my evaperator fan did not come on so i replaced it fan still not working manually defrosted so that all was clear of any ice or snow turned back on freezer works fine fridge still not cold fan still not working
juanrodman Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 12:21:25 PM(UTC)

**Make sure interior light is going out (close door and pull back rubber seal)
**Did you remove back panel in freezer and check coils?
**See Gene's post below
LAWRENCE5 Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 8:49:54 AM(UTC)

my freezer is fine, fridge is getting warm, no ice on the back of freezer, had that problem before. turn fridge off for 30 seconds to reset and still nothing changed and also turned down freezer temperature to see if fridge would get cold, and nothing also. we just replaced the mother board and thought that was the end of the problem but now this happened, not sure what else to look at.
juanrodman Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 1:43:41 PM(UTC)

Most likely that you have a problem with defrost system. See excellent description from "Gene" for same problem thread/title. I had an unusual case where the light switch for the refrigerator was not working. When I finally figured this out, it was an easy fix. Good luck!
jeff0211 Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 4:59:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
For ggamble, your freezer fan motor is probably blown out, the factory part # is 61004888, you can call this parts site to order it.

I've got the same issue. I turned it off and waited 2 days. Then I turned it back on. Both freezer and fridge were working fine for 4 days. Then again, freezer is still fine but fridge is not. Why?