Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
realtyc Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 10:29:57 AM(UTC)

I also had this problem and ended up replacing both valves as water would not stop flowing into the ice maker tray. i relaced that valve a second time and now have no ice. When i pour water into the tray everything works fine; just wont supply water to the tray. I already checked the fill res/cup and it is empty and not frozen. What else do I need to check before replacing the ice maker as a whole ?
btaha Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:21:01 PM(UTC)

Applianceman,

I replaced the second water valve, dispencing water is back to normal

Thx for your help
btaha Posted: Friday, August 21, 2009 5:58:51 AM(UTC)

Yep it turned out the second valve is faulty. I made sure the voltage supply is good to confirm there is no issue with the control board as well.

Thx for your help
applianceman Posted: Friday, August 21, 2009 5:30:19 AM(UTC)

Your valve has push in connections push in on the ring and the line should just pull straight out. One of those valves feeds the filter for the icemaker (the one with one outlet) and the water line. If the icemaker is working that valve is not bad. The other directs the water to either the icemaker or the water dispenser (the one with two outlets) that is the one you need to replace.
btaha Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:14:05 PM(UTC)

I pulled the kick plate off under the fridge door. Then I twisted off the coupling dnf long and behold no water came out when I pressed onto the water dispencer.
This leads to me to believe the water valve is bad.

I pulled the water valve out but I can't fingure out how to unscrew the water line coming out of the valve into the fridge. I read to unscrew the water line. I tried that but I can't seem to do it. I am not sure if I should unscrew all 6 screws on the plate instead

Please advise
AIMANNY Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:04:41 PM(UTC)

your water line thogh the door may be frozen.
btaha Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:52:08 PM(UTC)

Sorry I was out for a few days.

I turned off both fridge & freezer compartments and still teh dispencer does not work. I don't hear the hissing sound of the water dispencer anymore and it looks like it is dead.

Before I dig into the valve, Are there 2 valves for this fridge, one for freezer and one for fridge?

Please advice

Thx -
btaha Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:23:57 AM(UTC)

No problem with the ice maker, it still dispenses ice.
applianceman Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:28:24 AM(UTC)

Oh I didn’t think to ask if it will dispense ice or is it just the water that is not working?
applianceman Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:26:37 AM(UTC)

The water reservoir is in the fresh food section behind the vegetable bins. With you gone for a while I would look at this first.

Your refrigerator is too old for the main board.