Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
vanbao Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 11:02:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You did very good job and the only part left in question is the spark module which most likely is the culprit.

- The spark module Part number: AP2821617
Part number: AP2821617

Gene.

Gene, Thanks for the info. The existing spark model say RI 324. The one you suggest is a RI 302. Does the difference matter?
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:58:03 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: vanbao Go to Quoted Post
I have this exact problem on my 10years old RDF30 duel gas range. The front left burner sparks continuously and it looks like it spark faster than the other three. I cleaned the ignitor like Gene suggested above with any luck. I switched the ignitor switch and the same left burner continue to have the problem with a switch from a different burner. (Thus, I know the switch is not the issue). I switched the ignitors themselves and the same front left burner still have the problem with the different ignitor from a different burner. Therefore, the ignitor is not the problem because I took the origional ignitor from the problem burner to switched it with the front right burner and that burner does not experience sparking issue. I checked the wires and all seems okay.

That this point, I don't know what else to check. The gas burner cover seems fine.

Please help.

You did very good job and the only part left in question is the spark module which most likely is the culprit.

- The spark module Part number: AP2821617
Part number: AP2821617

Gene.
vanbao Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 11:10:50 PM(UTC)

I have this exact problem on my 10years old RDF30 duel gas range. The front left burner sparks continuously and it looks like it spark faster than the other three. I cleaned the ignitor like Gene suggested above with any luck. I switched the ignitor switch and the same left burner continue to have the problem with a switch from a different burner. (Thus, I know the switch is not the issue). I switched the ignitors themselves and the same front left burner still have the problem with the different ignitor from a different burner. Therefore, the ignitor is not the problem because I took the origional ignitor from the problem burner to switched it with the front right burner and that burner does not experience sparking issue. I checked the wires and all seems okay.

That this point, I don't know what else to check. The gas burner cover seems fine.

Please help.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:14:14 PM(UTC)

Check the burner igniter. Probably it needs cleaning. You can use isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush.

Gene.
SparkingForever Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 2:50:13 PM(UTC)

Just purchased a used Thermador 36" 6 burner all gas range.

The unit is great. One issue is that one of the burners is not working properly. The front left burner when I trun the dial will spark and spark until it catches the gas. Good right? Well, it continues to spark all six burners over and over and over. It will not stop.

All of the other burners are fine and work well.

Any ideas ?