Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
equityfarmer Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2011 6:58:13 AM(UTC)

I am working on a GE 36 in downdraft cook top. It is a 5 burner model with the sensor burner in the middle back. Knob broke off that controls the sensor burner. In order to turn off that burner it was necessary to disable the knob. I unplugged either 4 or 6 wires and a ribbon cable plug as well. This disabled the burner but now I am missing power on a burner on each side of the cooktop. I only lifted top enough to extract broken control knob and do not know if the pulled wires are part of a harness that is wired in series. Any ideas ? My girlfriend is looking for a replacement cook top but in the mean time any ideas to jumper the existing wiring if that is the reason ? The appliance parts store said part had been discontinued so I am just needing to put a band aid on this...... Thanks...... Bob