Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dnayden Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2011 12:50:50 PM(UTC)

Thanks Jeff, tested motor disconnected from stove wire today with my digital meter set at 200. I got a 0.00 reading. I am ordering a new motor now.
Don
Jeff / APP Team Posted: Friday, October 7, 2011 7:38:32 AM(UTC)

Hello. You will need to test and see if power is coming to the fan motor, when it is starting and stopping. If the power continues to come to the motor, and it starts and stops, you will need to replace the fan motor. You can test this with a multi-meter [AP3873826]. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. Hope this helps. http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html

Part number: AP4097245
dnayden Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:15:56 PM(UTC)

: We have a Jennair downdraft stove model jds9860aap. Thereis a problem with the oven. It shuts down on its own after it has been on forabout 30 mins. I have been able to take off the front panel and noticed a fan(probably for cooling) in the back top corner. In researching I discovered thata Hi-limit temperature switch controls this fan. I was able to pull the stoveout of its stall and set oven to 450 degrees. At approx 220 degrees I heardcooling fan run for about 10 seconds then quit. This happened at about every 30- 40 degree increase in temperature. Once oven reached the 450 degree mark,tone sounded that temperature was met. I only notice fan once for about another10 seconds then quit again. Oven will eventually shut itself down and restartonce it has cooled on its own. I am not sure if my problem lies with thisswitch or if the fan is faulty. Should this fan be running at longer intervals?