Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
WilliamM/APP Team Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2024 1:12:29 PM(UTC)

This is caused by a poor connection between the terminal connector and the terminal. If the terminal connector has become loose, it creates a gap that will result in micro-arcing which will build up heat.
Guest Posted: Friday, April 19, 2024 10:25:31 AM(UTC)

any insight on this? We replaced our lower element due to the connections burning out. Not even a year later we have burned another lower element out and need to replace it again. Super disappointing, frustrating and a little concerning to be honest.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 10:52:14 AM(UTC)

This happened on my son in laws oven. Did you figure out the problem?
AndyGray Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 5:13:45 AM(UTC)

Hello everyone -
I have a relatively new, although out of warranty, ZLINE RA36 with an electric oven with a lower element that stopped working. I found the spade connections on the element have been overheated and one lead arced/heated enough to destroy the tab on the element. Disappointed to say the least for a nearly new unit (I bought it for my new house ahead of time, on sale, so the warranty was nearly up by the time we started using the unit).

There is enough slack to get to clean copper put new spade connectors on the wires. My question is: do these spades need to be of a heavier grade than ones I can get at say Lowes, or an auto parts store? Do I need any special crimping tools? All I have now is one of those cheap-o crimpers – but not opposed to upgrading if that is what I need.

Also, I have not been able to cross-reference the element to anything at appliance part houses. I have a call into ZLINE, but I understand form other internet sources they are not very responsive.

Here is the part number I have from the ZLINE parts list (actually Germania Home Appliance Co, LTD. Parts list (Chinese from what I can tell)) 3H01604AAD004
description: “Electric pipe (single ring) 2000W-2670W”

And finally -- can I assume it was simply poor manufacturing, poor connection, that would cause this issue? The element itself is good on an ohm check.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you, Andy