Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Appliance Ninja Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:20:11 PM(UTC)

I did not realize APP sold this part, it is available below!

Viking PB010084 Dl Thrm Bi-Mtl Gas Ctrl Valve - AppliancePartsPros.com
Appliance Ninja Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:18:45 PM(UTC)

You are very welcome, have a great weekend!
tbny822 Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:15:10 PM(UTC)

Thanks. I will check them out.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:31:43 PM(UTC)

It shouldn't be a problem if you order right away.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...-pb010084-ap5315381.html
tbny822 Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:28:32 PM(UTC)

We are on NG, so I'm glad to hear there are no adjustments. The thing that worries me is can get the new valve fairly quickly. Thanksgiving is coming up and I don't want to deal with the wife if the oven is not fixed by then. LOL. Thanks again for your help.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:17:54 PM(UTC)

If that is the case, the valve is indeed faulty. If you are on NG, there should be no adjustments. I believe that valve is fuel specific so it should come ready to install.
tbny822 Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:38:35 PM(UTC)

That is what I saw if I was checking correctly. From what I believe were the 2 neutrals, I only saw voltage from one of them. If I do have to replace the valve, I see the part label on it PB010084 and it is available online for about $125. Is this strictly bolt of/bolt on, or are there any adjustments to be made? I thought I saw something about adjustments on another thread.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:37:51 PM(UTC)

Yes, test the wire that has power to each of the wires on the valve. If the valve is open, you will only show voltage from line to one of the neutral wires on the valve.
tbny822 Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:31:08 PM(UTC)

Thank you for all of your advice so far. Is there an easy way to test the valve?
Appliance Ninja Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:26:38 PM(UTC)

That is correct, so either there is an issue in the neutral wire itself or the gas valve is faulty. I suspect the valve to be bad but we would certainly want to test it before ordering a new one, just to be certain.