Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:56:29 PM(UTC)

Hi.

You are absolutely right!
The absence of the good ground is one of the most common reasons for "no spark or intermittent spark" problems.

Thank you for shearing with us.

Simon.
Boatman12 Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:58:00 AM(UTC)

I have an old GE XL44 gas range and one day the left burners wouldn't ignite.I figured the ignitor went on that side.I was tearing it apart to see where to disconnect the ignitor's wire and I had already taken the two screws that hold the ignitor down and I noticed there was rust around the screw holes.I wondered if maybe the trouble was a ground problem , so I got some steel wool and cleaned that area.I sprayed some anti corrosion spray on it and put the ignitor back on.I plugged the range back in and the ignitor was sparking away when I turned each burner's knob.Those little ignitors are not cheap and finding the cause saved me a few bucks.Rule is from now on to try the simplist cure first.