Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2021 6:19:45 PM(UTC)

I had cleaners clean the oven after a flood home Reno. Today after they cleaned the oven the Amana electric oven continues to turn itself on. I canceled it wax and it turns back on a few min later. HELP‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
newatappliancerepair Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 10:55:21 AM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm all for child safety features, except when the adults get locked out! How would you ever figure this out if you did not have a copy of the service manual?

Thanks Again,

NewAtApplianceRepair
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 9:40:47 AM(UTC)

I'm glad you where able to take care of the problem without part replacement.
Thank you for shearing with us this important detail.

Simon.
newatappliancerepair Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:57:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

Open the control panel and pull off the flex ribbon connector from the clock board. Clean the edge with the isopropyl alcohol, let it dry and reconnect.
If that doesn't help - replace the clock board Part number: 31746801
Part number: 31746801

Here is the breakdown diagram and 01-Door / Control Panel parts for Amana AOCS3040SS - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.

Simon, I figured it out. On page 12 of the Service Manual 16021875 Rev 0, there is Component Testing Information. There is a test procedure for the Child Safety Feature for Child Lockout. By Pressing and holding BAKE and COOK TIME for 10 seconds, the Oven reset itself, and the control panel is now accessible. I guess when the power came on, the Oven went to Child Safety Mode. I happened to start reading the manual from cover to cover to try and figure this out, and noticed the note about "OFF" will display where the temperature normally appears.

-Douglas
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:12:20 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Open the control panel and pull off the flex ribbon connector from the clock board. Clean the edge with the isopropyl alcohol, let it dry and reconnect.
If that doesn't help - replace the clock board Part number: 31746801
Part number: 31746801

Here is the breakdown diagram and 01-Door / Control Panel parts for Amana AOCS3040SS - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
newatappliancerepair Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 9:05:57 PM(UTC)

Ever since the power went out, the oven displays time, and blinks "Off", but when you power it off (through the circuit breaker) you get the same state of operation. If you hit the Oven Cancel button, you can hear a beep or tone, but no other controls work. I don't see an obvious way to turn the oven off except through the circuit breaker at the main power panel. So the oven appears to be stuck in an "Off" state. :mad: