Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:45:33 PM(UTC)

Hi Jay,

How old is it? What is the serial number of the range?

Gene.
jayjohn Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:16:41 AM(UTC)

My electric range started displaying an error coce a few months back after running the oven through a cleaning cycle. Unfortunately I don't recall what that code was now, but after the oven cooled down some, the alarm and code went away and all functioned normally (until last weekend). We were cooking something at 400 degrees and upon turning the oven off, it started displaying the F1 code and beeping. I cut the power and turned it back on only to receive the same result. I let the oven sit overnight and tried it again to no avail, same error code and beeping. I found on this website that the F1 code indicated a failed ERC board (after running through the F1 test). I ordered and replaced the ERC board. Upon applying power, I'm now receiving and FC code. I've tried cleaning the contacts of the ribbon cable with a pencil eraser but that didn't help. I also see that I need to check the J2 cable for continuity (haven't done this yet as I'm not sure where the other end is). Suggestions, opinions, ?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jay.