Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:32:35 PM(UTC)

By the part number you posted, you replaced the control panel thermal fuse. There is also the oven shut down thermal fuse at the back of the oven (#33 on the diagram) which is definitely bad.

- The oven shut down thermal fuse Part number: AP3885687
mjmurray98@gmail.com Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:55:34 PM(UTC)

Our Whirlpool wall oven recently failed after a self cleaning cycle. The whole thing was dead, no lights, door stayed locked, etc. It did NOT blow the circuit breaker. After doing a little research online, I got the door open, pulled out the oven, and checked the thermal limit fuse. It was blown. I replaced it with the same part# (4451042), and put the oven back in the wall. All was well, the panel lit up, oven light works, door isn't locked anymore. I thought I had her fixed, but she won't heat up. The fan doesn't come on when you set it to convection cooking. Any ideas?? FYI, it's an Ikea wall oven, manufactured by Whirlpool. Thanks for your time!

Update: I put a meter on the elements, and they aren't getting any power when the oven is turned to bake.