Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dhamblet Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:46:33 PM(UTC)

Problem is the OEM hinge pins are junk. They are too soft and bend easily when the door is opened fully. I drilled out the two pins in eand receptical and replaced them with grade 8 bolt stock. No more problems.
grannygooch Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:14:03 AM(UTC)

I ended up buying a bungee cord and I only use it when I use the oven and it's working, lol. Looks strange but I can cook again.
ksrosary Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:25:16 AM(UTC)

I ordered my hinges from jenn-air about 5 years ago and have the same problem. My door does not close all the way???? I have had it apart several times, with no luck.

Any ideas???

Thanks
grannygooch Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2010 11:53:31 AM(UTC)

I have a tappan and need to know how to replace door hinge (Part # AP2123742. Anyone know?
dhamblet Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:11:27 PM(UTC)

Just wanted to report, its been 2 1/2 months now since I fixed the hinge pockets and the oven door still works like a dream. It hasn't worked this well since we bought the stove new. The original mild steel rivets are simply weak. Maytag/Jennaire should take note but probably won't. I figure they owe me a commission. ha ha
Gene Posted: Friday, July 2, 2010 2:20:03 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: dhamblet Go to Quoted Post
Problem: Wife complains oven door does not completely close on our Jenn Air Oven.
Diagnosis: The pins (which are actually steel rivets) in the hinge pocket are too weak to handle the weight of the oven door without bending. Result is the door hangs open about 1/4" at the top. Even the replacement hinge pins bend quickly.
Solution: Remove the hinge pockets from the frame. Drill out the bent rivets from the crimped side and replace them with cut off 1/4" Grade 5 bolts and spot weld them in. Now the door closes perfectly. If the Grade 5 bolts bend I'll go to Grade 8.

Now wife is happy again.

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your diagnosis and repair with us. Your post was very informative and instructive.

Thanks again and good luck with your oven.

Gene.
dhamblet Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:03:20 PM(UTC)

Problem: Wife complains oven door does not completely close on our Jenn Air Oven.
Diagnosis: The pins (which are actually steel rivets) in the hinge pocket are too weak to handle the weight of the oven door without bending. Result is the door hangs open about 1/4" at the top. Even the replacement hinge pins bend quickly.
Solution: Remove the hinge pockets from the frame. Drill out the bent rivets from the crimped side and replace them with cut off 1/4" Grade 5 bolts and spot weld them in. Now the door closes perfectly. If the Grade 5 bolts bend I'll go to Grade 8.

Now wife is happy again.
Gene Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:20:42 PM(UTC)

If it's not broken (physically) then there is nothing to worry about.

Gene.
rpdugan Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:13:44 PM(UTC)

Hey Gene,

How does one know when it is time to replace the gasket on the inside of the oven door? My oven is 10 years old...
rpdugan Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:11:27 PM(UTC)

K..installed the thrid set of recepticals and hinges...so far so good...but I will have to wait a week or so to see if they start to go bad again... But today, all is well...