Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
nator Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:21:25 AM(UTC)

I had this same issue, where giving the oven more space and airflow caused the problem to "go away". I kept digging and posted the eventual (cheap!) fix here:
http://appliancejunk.com.../index.php?topic=18378.0

Hope this helps someone if they (like me) find this thread looking for answers...
FPWD Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 10:10:19 AM(UTC)

"Sounds like you have a connection problem"

That's what I was thinking,

"Your problem may never show up again.
The odds are against it but it does happen."

I know. Over the years I've come to realize that things just don't "go away" or fix themselves.

Thanks for the advice.
denman Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 7:55:36 AM(UTC)

Sounds like you have a connection problem.
The sensor is a positive temperature devices : re the resistance increases as temperature increases so if you have a bad connection to a sensor the unit will think it has overheated. May even be a bad solder joint or cracked circuit trail on the board.

Your problem may never show up again.
The odds are against it but it does happen.
In any case without seeing a fault you cannot fix the problem.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
FPWD Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 5:22:35 AM(UTC)

Here's the topper! We have continued to use both ovens for actual food prep and no codes/alarms. So rather than spend $240+ maybe the fix is to just pull the range out take off the back, put it back and push the range back in. :) I can do that say once a month or so since I'm retired and have a limited income with plenty of time!:D :D Whadya think?
Dan O. Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:38:04 PM(UTC)

Quote:
Now I've had both ovens on together and separately, and no codes/alarms!

That's often the way. Isn't appliance service wonderful? :rolleyes:

Quote:
So any ideas or do I just go and buy a electronic control?

I'm afraid I do not have any other ideas as to the cause, sorry.

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
FPWD Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:58:03 PM(UTC)

Hi Dan,
Now I'm frustrated. I pulled the stove out and took off the back so that I would be able to check the resistance of the sensor since the only time it throws a code is when the oven is on and hot. Now I've had both ovens on together and seaprately, and no codes/alarms!
I did check resistance at the different temps on both sensors as the ovens cooled down from 450 and they both matched specs. So any ideas or do I just go and buy a electronic control?
Dan O. Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 12:02:17 PM(UTC)

Quote:
Would you still check the sensor?

Definitely. While there's only a slim chance it is the cause it is one of the only things that can actually be checked for your possible error message.

Quote:
how is the [control board] checked?

It can't be AFAIK. Its failure is usually just assumed once any other possibilities are ruled out.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
FPWD Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 3:12:52 PM(UTC)

Hi Dan,
OK, I'm sorry but now i'm confused. What would you check first? Would you still check the sensor? The control board? (how is that checked?)
Thanks,
Charles
Dan O. Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 1:49:42 PM(UTC)

Quote:
Does that point more to the membrane panel?

I never said that was a possibility in any case. It would be the electronic control circuit board that would be suspect if the oven was not overheating. I don't think a failed sensor would produce that error if the oven was not in use at the time... but might still be a possibility.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
FPWD Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 6:14:25 AM(UTC)

Dan,
As a quick follow up to my note, after shutting off the code alarm a1/2 hour later it started beeping again. Membrane panel still warm from the upper oven?